Online via Zoom
Adjunct Professor Art Phillips hosted an interview with Sir Gerard Newcombe, who has 45 years’ experience in International Management, Marketing and Training across the Asia Pacific region. He has both a Bachelor and Master Degree in Business Administration. Sir Gerard has Fellowships at the Royal Geographical Society and Royal Asiatic Society in the UK, Fellowships at the Australian Institute of Company Directors, the Australian Marketing Institute, the Australian Institute of Managers and Leaders, and here at the Centre for Entrepreneurship / UBSS.
Sir Gerard has a long history in education, having held several Senior Executive and Management positions with prominent educational institutions based in Sydney. He is an accomplished author, having published books on both Marketing and Asia Business Skills.
Topics discussed included:
- Psychology of dealing with people in management.
- Understanding the fundamentals of management and logistics in business.
- The challenges being faced by managers and leaders in the current turbulent environment (e.g. ICT, technology, hybrid working models).
- Territorial skillsets – foreign regions and cultural differences to take into consideration.
- Team-building – understanding the methods.
‘It was an honour to have this opportunity to interview Sir Gerard Newcombe and to have him as a Fellow of the Centre for Entrepreneurship (CFE) here at UBSS’, says Adjunct Professor Art Phillips.