Online via Zoom
Adjunct Professor Art Phillips will host an interview with Dr Narisa Chauvidul-Aw, who is the CEO and founder of KogoPAY Group / Smile Money Limited. KogoPAY is a socially conscious fintech start-up in London with other offices in Bangkok, Vilnius and soon in GCC. KogoPAY provides banking and mobile payment services for B2B and B2C focusing on real time funds transfer using innovative technologies such as Blockchain and AI.
Narisa is a Women in Tech Global Award winner – Start up 2019, WinTrade Global Award winner 2021, Women in Banking & Finance | Winner Go Global Award 2021 – Fintech.
Narisa holds a PhD from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and has many years of experience working both in academia and business. She is a qualified auditor (ex PwC) and spent more than 20 years as a Finance Director and full time and part time lecturer.
ABOUT HER COMPANY
KogoPAY is a socially conscious fintech start up providing banking services IBANs accounts for B2B and mobile e-wallet and c-wallet for P2P customers. We focus on real time funds transfer both domestic and cross border payments. We love innovative technologies such as using blockchain for real time settlement and using AI-based AML Risk Detection. Focused on philanthropy, KogoPAY wants to be inclusive, support the unbanked, underserved and create our ecosystem that is more than just a conventional business turning profits. Our platform is designed to promote financial inclusion by instilling a ‘’Pay it Forward’’ culture within the DNA of our ecosystem.
Interview topics will include:
- Thinking like an entrepreneur, taking risks, and finding a business concept that you believed in to create your success.
- What have you seen in the past 2–3 years of fintech that made you decide to develop a product suite incorporating the latest developments.
- Discuss the importance of social dimension of any new technological product in today’s world.
- With the trending evolution towards digital payments, what will it take for a single payments app to see mass adoption across the world?
- Pin-pointing ‘customer’ needs once the business is in place, and the analysis of results – what is your process and your advice.
- How did you test your product initially to better understand its efficiency and effectiveness in the market?
Join the event via Zoom on the day, open to all UBSS students and staff:
Meeting ID: 835 9351 9334
The Zoom event opens up at 1:15 pm to be ready for a 1:30 pm start – PLEASE ARRIVE ONLINE EARLY and sit tight! Bring your own popcorn and favourite drink!
‘It’s an honour to have this opportunity to interview Dr Narisa Chauvidul-Aw, and to have her as a Fellow of the Centre for Entrepreneurship (CFE) here at UBSS’, says Adjunct Professor Art Phillips.
Read more about Dr Narisa Chauvidul-Aw