UBSS commenced delivering online learning to address the COVID 19 situation in March 2020.
UBSS has implemented its online learning in a short period of time and can now compare favorably with any online Business School.
Below are the Learning Resources in place to support students at UBSS.
Why Study at UBSS Online
Universal Business School Sydney (UBSS) is a member of Group Colleges Australia, a consortium of educational institutions. UBSS is the non-self
accrediting, higher education provider of GCA.
- Australian education - Australian tertiary education ranks amongst the best in the world.
- Entrepreneurial focus - With an entrepreneurial focus, UBSS provides a learning environment for the entrepreneurs of the future.
- Experienced lecturers - our passionate and experienced teaching staff have internationally recognized academic qualifications, professional memberships and recent commercial experience that provide a real-world focus for learning.
- eLibrary - in keeping with best practice at major universities in Australia and overseas, UBSS students have access to online databases such
as Proquest (http://www.proquest.com), EBSCO Host (https://www.ebscohost.com), Emerald (http://www.emeraldinsight.com), Oxford Reference Online
(http://www.oxfordreference.com), Informit (www.informit.org) and Gale (www.gale.com).
- Moodle - an elearning platform used internationally in 229 countries. Moodle is used for all subjects offered by UBSS. All subject materials are placed on Moodle and it is used as a learning resource by lecturing staff. http://www.moodle.com
- Interactive whiteboards – interactive whiteboards allow active student participation both in class and later, at home.
- myGCA – international standard student management system. It allows students to access their academic details 24x7 via the internet.
- Blackboard Collaborate - listen to the live lectures with learning content simultaneously. Blackboard offers a simple and reliable virtual classroom solution to power online teaching. https://www.blackboard.com
- Learning Resources
Why Study an Online MBA
Knowledge imparted in our MBA program extends out in developing
managerial skills for students. These skills provide the essentials for
dealing with real-time situations pertaining to management and
problem resolution. You are not only equipped in enacting a managerial
role but also facilitated in grasping core responsibilities of your
organisation. "The MBA introduces students to the various business
disciplines and prepares them for general management roles"*.
Developing business expertise
Our MBA provides an additional advantage for students from nonbusiness
backgrounds. By earning an MBA degree, you increase your
practical knowledge in the eld of business administration. Even after
completing your MBA, you can continue your doctorate in any other
discipline. An MBA will give you the "chance to develop a wide range
of general business knowledge and a broad base of technical skills in
a relatively short period of time"*
Starting your own business
An ideal MBA program helps you in becoming business savvy. The
skill-set taught in MBA provides you with the hands-on training
for dealing with real work business problems. Eventually, you can
branch out as an independent entrepreneur: running your very own
successful business. "Research has shown that the failure rate for small
businesses started by MBAs is about 50 percent less than the standard
Our MBA program prepares students as highly qualied leaders. The
specialized skills and leadership qualities taught in MBA programs,
provides you with a competitive advantage over others. Most of
the leading business organisations prefer to hire MBAs for higher
management positions. "Employers report that people who have
undertaken an MBA tend to be more condent in the workplace, as
well as more able to influence other workers, due to their high level
An MBA degree helps you in quickly climbing up the corporate ladder
with a handsome salary package alongside a respectable designation.
High performing successful MBAs are more likely to reach top
management levels of Fortune 500 companies and other corporate
areas. "It is estimated that 70% of the MBA graduates worldwide are
senior managers or board directors"*
An MBA degree provides a combination of elective and specialized
courses that train candidates to handle complex business situations.
Thus, having an MBA degree assures sustainability of your job in the
organisation. The demand for MBAs rides high even during global
economic recession. "MBA grads are desirable in any job market;
an MBA will give you the opportunities you need to advance in the
An MBA provides you with the cushion of switching your career. An
MBA with particular specialization makes it easier for you to move
across industries. "Many, if not most applicants to full-time MBA
programs plan to make signicant career changes, which is one of the
reasons they are applying to business schools in the rst place"*
Business Connections and Networking
Social networking during the MBA academic term helps in establishing
business contacts and referrals. In the long run, you can avail these
contacts in improving your business position in the market. "There are
large opportunities for networking, especially if you choose to study
on-campus, due to the wide range of lecturers and fellow students
you will encounter"*
|#||Online Learning Resource||What UBSS has to Offer|
|4||Approved for overseas students
|5||Fee Help||Yes, Available|
|7||Student Learning Portal||A Learning Portal – Moodle which has all digital resources including;
|9||Technology for webinars/ meetings||
|13||Student Mobile App||
|14||Student Management System||
|15||Flexible study Option||
|17||Courses Accredited by Professional bodies||
|20||Credit transfer from other institutions|