UBSS commenced delivering online learning to address the COVID 19 situation in March 2020.
UBSS has implemented its online learning in a short period of time and can now compare favorably with any online Business School.
Below are the Learning Resources in place to support students at UBSS.
Why Study at UBSS Online
Universal Business School Sydney (UBSS) is a member of Group Colleges Australia, a consortium of educational institutions. UBSS is the non-self
accrediting, higher education provider of GCA.
- Australian education - Australian tertiary education ranks amongst the best in the world.
- Entrepreneurial focus - With an entrepreneurial focus, UBSS provides a learning environment for the entrepreneurs of the future.
- Experienced lecturers - our passionate and experienced teaching staff have internationally recognized academic qualifications, professional memberships and recent commercial experience that provide a real-world focus for learning.
- eLibrary - in keeping with best practice at major universities in Australia and overseas, UBSS students have access to online databases such
as Proquest (http://www.proquest.com), EBSCO Host (https://www.ebscohost.com), Emerald (http://www.emeraldinsight.com), Oxford Reference Online
(http://www.oxfordreference.com), Informit (www.informit.org) and Gale (www.gale.com).
- Moodle - an elearning platform used internationally in 229 countries. Moodle is used for all subjects offered by UBSS. All subject materials are placed on Moodle and it is used as a learning resource by lecturing staff. http://www.moodle.com
- Interactive whiteboards – interactive whiteboards allow active student participation both in class and later, at home.
- myGCA – international standard student management system. It allows students to access their academic details 24x7 via the internet.
- Blackboard Collaborate - listen to the live lectures with learning content simultaneously. Blackboard offers a simple and reliable virtual classroom solution to power online teaching. https://www.blackboard.com
- Learning Resources
Why Study an Online MBA
Knowledge imparted in our MBA program extends out in developing managerial skills for students.
These skills provide the essentials for dealing with real-time situations pertaining to management and problem resolution.
You are not only equipped in enacting a managerial role but also facilitated in grasping core responsibilities of your organisation.
"The MBA introduces students to the various business disciplines and prepares them for general management roles"*. *http://www.studiesinaustralia.com/types-of-education/mba-and-managementeducation
Developing business expertise
Our MBA provides an additional advantage for students from nonbusiness backgrounds.
By earning an MBA degree, you increase your practical knowledge in the field of business administration.
Even after completing your MBA, you can continue your doctorate in any other discipline.
An MBA will give you the "chance to develop a wide range of general business knowledge and a broad base of technical skills in a relatively short period of time"*
Starting your own business
An ideal MBA program helps you in becoming business savvy.
The skill-set taught in MBA provides you with the hands-on training for dealing with real work business problems.
Eventually, you can branch out as an independent entrepreneur: running your very own successful business.
"Research has shown that the failure rate for small businesses started by MBAs is about 50 percent less than the standard failure rate’*
Our MBA program prepares students as highly qualied leaders.
The specialized skills and leadership qualities taught in MBA programs, provides you with a competitive advantage over others.
Most of the leading business organisations prefer to hire MBAs for higher management positions.
"Employers report that people who have undertaken an MBA tend to be more confident in the workplace, as well as more able to influence other workers, due to their high level of credibility."*
An MBA degree helps you in quickly climbing up the corporate ladder with a handsome salary package alongside a respectable designation.
High performing successful MBAs are more likely to reach top management levels of Fortune 500 companies and other corporate areas.
"It is estimated that 70% of the MBA graduates worldwide are senior managers or board directors"*
An MBA degree provides a combination of elective and specialized courses that train candidates to handle complex business situations.
Thus, having an MBA degree assures sustainability of your job in the organisation. The demand for MBAs rides high even during global economic recession.
"MBA grads are desirable in any job market; an MBA will give you the opportunities you need to advance in the business world"*
An MBA provides you with the cushion of switching your career.
An MBA with particular specialization makes it easier for you to move across industries.
"Many, if not most applicants to full-time MBA programs plan to make significant career changes, which is one of the reasons they are applying to business schools in the first place"*
Business Connections and Networking
Social networking during the MBA academic term helps in establishing business contacts and referrals.
In the long run, you can avail these contacts in improving your business position in the market.
"There are large opportunities for networking, especially if you choose to study on-campus, due to the wide range of lecturers and fellow students you will encounter"*
|#||Online Learning Resource||What UBSS has to Offer|
|4||Approved for overseas students
|5||Fee Help||Yes, Available|
|7||Student Learning Portal||A Learning Portal – Moodle which has all digital resources including;
|9||Technology for webinars/ meetings||
|13||Student Mobile App||
|14||Student Management System||
|15||Flexible study Option||
|17||Courses Accredited by Professional bodies||
|20||Credit transfer from other institutions|
Lecture Studio Demo - Art Philips
Lecture Studio Demo - Wayne Smithson