What is FEE-HELP?

When you attend university or an approved higher education provider, you can get a FEE-HELP loan to pay all or part of your tuition fees.

A FEE-HELP loan does not cover costs like accommodation, laptops or text books.





Your provider will assess your eligibility for a HELP loan against the criteria below. If you have any questions, please contact your provider.

To get a FEE-HELP loan, you must:

• be an Australian citizen and study at least part of your course in Australia.

• be a New Zealand Special Category visa (SCV) holder or permanent humanitarian visa holder and meet the residency requirements.

- permanent residents can only get FEE-HELP for approved bridging studies.

• be enrolled in a fee-paying place at a provider that offers FEE-HELP loans.

• be enrolled in an eligible course at your provider by the census date (your provider can tell you if your course is eligible).

• submit the Request for FEE-HELP form to your provider by the census date.

• not have already borrowed up to your FEE-HELP limit.

- If you are studying at a non-university, you will also need to meet the 'pass rate' requirements.


The current list of providers that offer FEE-Help can be viewed at: